The Florida State University Department of Statistics offers a certificate in SAS Programming and Data Analysis. The certificate is earned by taking courses from the Department of Statistics.
To earn the certificate, you must complete the course
- STA 5066 Data Management Analysis with SAS
and any three of the following courses:
- STA 5067 Advanced Data Management and Analysis with SAS
- STA 5168 Statistics in Applications III
- STA 5179 Applied Survival Analysis
- STA 5206 Analysis of Variance and Design of Experiments
- STA 5207 Applied Regression Methods
- STA 5238 Applied Logistic Regression
- STA 5244 Clinical Trials
- STA 5666 Statistics for Quality and Productivity
- STA 5707 Applied Multivariate Analysis
- STA 5856 Time Series and Forecasting Methods
- STA 5939 Introduction to Statistical Consulting
All of these courses are three credits. You must earn at least a B- in all four courses. A student portfolio will be created from select assignments from each course. Upon completion of the coursework and review of a student portfolio, your transcript will be modified to reflect completion of the certificate.
Stop by our office in OSB 214 for more information.
To apply for the certificate, you must download and complete the application. The application form is a Microsoft Word file. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring it to our office in OSB 214. The application must be received by the fourth week of the semester that you anticipate receiving the certificate (usually the 3rd week of September for fall, 4th week of January for spring, and 1st week of June for summer).